lørdag den 2. august 2008

It does seam like the morning is the best time for me to discover fairies. This morning I think I saw the fairy, who dropped a dress on my garden pat





It does seam like the morning is the best time for me to discover fairies. This morning I think I saw the fairy, who dropped a dress on my garden path two days ago.

I were just going to get my mail in the mailbox when my eyes caught a glimpse of something moving behind one of the trees in front of our house. I went for my digital camera, and my sketch book. When I returned, I tip toed around the tree as quiet as I could to get a better look of the fairy.

The fairy was doing her laundry in a tiny wooden barrel. It looked like she was singing, but I couldn't hear her voice. I quickly pulled my digital camera out, but the batteries were low, so I had to be fast, and do a sketch. I sat down on a stone, and started to draw. I were so concentrated on my drawing, that I nearly had an heart attack when I saw the little fairy had come very close to me. She was sitting on the edge of my sketchbook. I could see that this fairy had a button on her throat just like the fairy I saw last week. She pushed it, I sensed the sweet smell of parfume, and I could hear her voice. She said " I am not supposed to talk to you, but I like your drawing, so please carry one, and finished it!" I could feel my hands shaking when I grabbed my pencil to finish the drawing; this is the closest I have ever been to a real fairy. I asked her what her name is, and told her that my name is Marianne. I am not sure if I heard right, but her name sounded something like Gry.

She sat there for a few minutes, and then she spread her wings and set of. She grabbed the barrel on her way, but dropped one of the things she had been washing. I pointed at the dress, but she had despaired.

The hole incident only lasted a few minutes, but I felt tiered, and in need of a cup of coffee. When I had my breakfast I went back to see if she had come back for the dress, but the dress was still lying under the tree, so I took a photo of the dress to be able to show it to my daughter, who lives in Copenhagen. I have no idea how the fairies can keep their cloth together, there are no stitches or any kind of glue. As fare as I can see, it must be some kind of magic that holds it together. I left the dress but a little later the wind took it into the sky.

1 kommentar:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space sagde ...

You are such a gifted artist and so very kind! Thanks for stopping by, with lovely comments, to my blog! Blessings and light,Amy.