fredag den 1. august 2008

Busy as an bee

I have been studying botanical drawing and painting the last 6 moths at London Art College. It's not that I know very much about scientific botanic, but I had ideas in my head, about fairy art I wanted to create, but I just couldn't get it down on paper, so I decide to take the difficult way, and study botanical illustration.
Right now I am working on my last assignment. Looking back I can see how much I have improved my drawing and painting skills. I have been surprised how much there are to paint, and draw right outside my house, I don't need a vacation to a more exotic place, I just step out side into my garden with my sketchbook, and pencils, and find a nice warm corner where I can sit and draw. There is nothing like the feel of Grass Between Your Toes, and the sound of the summer breeze playing in the trees.
Lately I got my self a new habit, that I call "My every day adventure". I simply pick out a place near by my house, that I never have seen. Some times it's in my own garden. I might climb a tree to see the view from up there, or I find a street I never have seen. One day I went into the local elder home, just to see what it looked like, and I ended up having coffee, and a chat with two nice ladies. Later I invited them to visit me, and now we are friends, and go on small trip once a month.
Some might call me crazy, but I say :
" I used to be sane, but I got better".

Ingen kommentarer: